Saturday, August 19, 2006

Just Mickey

Brianna is a very finicky and fickle DVD watcher. She'll ask to watch Blues Clues and before you can get that loaded she'll have switched and be whining for Veggie Tales and then again before the new choice is on the screen she'll switch and say she wants Mickey. That happened today, again! But I was getting just a little fed up so by the time Bree was asking for Mickey I spent a good 5 minutes trying to convince her that Veggie Tales was super great (since that was the current cartoon in the player). But no, Bree kept on insisting, "Just Mickey Mom, just Mickey!" The way she said it in that exact way reminded me that she'd had this arguement before. I've actually listened to her and her poppa Randy go around on this issue. It was after we'd been visiting in Idaho for over a week and everyone was REALLY tired of the same Mickey movie. So, my dad was trying to convince Brianna to watch Finding Nemo instead. He pointed out all the great and fun things that go on in the other DVD but to everything Bree had the same reply "Just Mickey Poppa!" I think they hashed it out for 10 minutes before my dad had to give up and put Mickey on.

The rub of it all is that, finally, after having loaded 3 DVD's into the player and getting her happily settled in to watch her show she'll wander off 5 minutes in..AAAGH!

No comments: