Friday, August 11, 2006

I Need It!

Brianna has now figured out that if she says she "needs" something it will make people stop and think a little longer about letting her have whatever it is that she wants. Usually though what she "needs" is actually just something she really wants and according to her she "needs" a lot of stuff. Take the other day when we were getting out of the car to go in to story time at the library. She had been playing with an old wallet in the car. As we got out I tried to convince her she should leave it in the car so we wouldn't lose it (and also so she'd pay attention during story time instead of drag an old ratty wallet around). Well, that didn't go over too well. She started screaming bloody murder and yelling "Mommy, I need it. I need it!" So, I decided it really wasn't worth the fight and let her hold onto it. She was still sort of whining when we ran into Hannah and Kadyn in the parking lot, also on their way into story time. "So crabby this early in the morning already?" Hannah asked Bree. "I tried to take her wallet from her," I explained. Then Bree added her two cents by saying "Hannah, I need it!" Well, Hannah was pretty amused by that but was even more amused a few minutes later after Brianna had recovered from her wallet trauma and also added,"So glad to see you!"

No comments: