Wednesday, August 09, 2006

LIfe With A Vacuum

Bogart, our cat, is terrified of the vacuum. Unfortunately for him with a crumb-dropping and generally messy toddler I vacuum almost every day. The other day I turned on the vacuum and, as usual, sent Bogart into a panic. He raced from the living room to underneath the table in the dining room and hid by jumping up onto the seat of one of the chairs. Well, Bree spotted him there and ran over to him saying "It's okay, it's okay Boe-git (Bogart). It's just noisy!"

I vacuumed again today and this time the cat hid and Bree just stood there. Then when I turned the power off she said to me "All done vacuum. Noisy, noisy Mom, it's enough, nuff noisy Mommy." (Of course, this is the same child who will screech at the top of her lungs and laugh afterwords. I guess it only counts as "noise" when I'm the one making it.)

No comments: