Monday, August 14, 2006

Spinach--No Way!

For a kid her age Brianna is actually pretty good about eating her vegetables. She'll eat cucumbers, green beans, tomatoes and others without batting an eyelash. Recently though I tried to feed Bree her first spinach. I know it's not exactly every kids' favorite so I thought I was being clever by adding it into a recipe that's a sort of sheperd's pie or quiche type dish. All was going pretty well...I got Travis to eat it with no complaints and he's a pretty tough customer in the vegetable department. But, after a few minutes of picking her piece of dinner apart Bree said "bleck" and was spitting a shred of spinach out of her mouth. "Come on," Travis told her, "Eat your spinach. Daddy's eating it, it's not too bad. Eat your spinach." Brianna looked at him quite seriously and replied, "No way!"

No comments: