Friday, May 26, 2006

The Toddler of Babble

Never one to stop talking, here are a few of Brianna's new conversational nuggets...

Bree has heard me call for Travis when I need help in situations like, being in the middle of a diaper change and realizing I don't have wipes on hand. Even though our apartment is pretty small, he manages to "not hear" me a lot. So, I usually end up yelling "Trav!" Well, the other day Brianna was trying to get her Daddy's attention. She was standing right in front of him saying "Daddy, Dad, Dad..." But he was staring at his computer and didn't respond so finally she yelled "TRAV!"

Whether it's her food or her bath water Brianna doesn't want things to be "too hot," understandably. While this is very good that she can recognize when things are too hot she's taken it to a level where she's been insisting things are too hot even when they are practically ice cold. When this happens I've been telling her, "No, it's not too hot it's just nice and warm." So,the last time we ran her a bath I set her down in the water and she said "too hot," (which it wasn't), then she immediately corrected herself and said, "No, nice and warm."

Lately it seems like either Travis or myself are needing to run a lot of errands. Whenever we can, one of stays home with Bree and the other goes off by themselves since we can go much faster without a dawdling toddler along. Well, usually Bree feels a little upset to see one of us leaving and we tell her not to be worried, we'll be back soon. This morning the tables were turned on me when Travis decided he wanted to run down to the convenience store and buy us some "hot sammiches" for breakfast. Brianna decided she was going to go along with Daddy so he put her shoes on and they were ready to go. Just before they got out the door, Brianna ran back over to where I was sitting on the couch and told me "Mommy, back soon."

No comments: