Thursday, May 25, 2006

Park Picnic

This afternoon Travis came home a little early from work and took Bree and me out for a picnic in the park. While we were driving there, Brianna suddenly says from the backseat "too bad." (I don't even know why she was saying it or where she picked that up since I don't really remember telling her "too bad" anytime.) Once we got to the park we ate our little dinner and then played in the grass awhile. Brianna found some dandelions that had gone to seed and was blowing on them. (A big improvement over this time last year when she was puckering up and inhaling or licking them.) After she'd blown all the seeds off of one dandelion, she would say "nuther fluffy" and go pick a new one. This went on for a little while until her daddy lifted her up and was spinning her through the air. He'd set her down and they'd both be staggering around a few minutes until Bree would say "try again!" Then they would be off and spinning again. Eventually they tired of spinning (luckily before anyone threw up!) and Travis was laying in the grass, snapping some up-close pictures of a dandelion...that is until Brianna marched up and picked it, blew the seeds in his face and then proceeded to climb all over him like he was her personal jungle gym, all the time saying "climb Daddy," and grinning her big cheese grin. (Yep, I'm pretty sure that was a run-on sentence but as an artiste I refuse to change it.) By that time Travis was out of film and we headed home since it was getting close to bedtime for Bree. We went through our bedtime routine: bath, PJ's, reading, prayers, kissing 29 stuffed animals,and then as I was headed out the door I heard a small voice, "Mommy, come to bed!" I gave her another kiss and told her that Mommy has her own bed. She seemed to accept that explanation and was quickly off to dreamland. It was one of those days when I close her bedroom door with a smile on my face, looking forward to tomorrow. (All right, stop rolling your eyes, it's a little sappy I know but allow me a sentimental Mommy moment!)

No comments: