Saturday, May 13, 2006

Finding Nemo--A Horror Flick?!

Today was just a normal Saturday for us. It was raining, again, so we got the laundry done, cleaned up the house, stuff like that. Well, to liven up Bree's day we let her choose a movie to watch and she picked Nemo. It's been a little while since she's watched that movie. Last time she was young enough that the kind of "scary" parts didn't seem to bother her that much. This time was a different story though! After we got her started watching it Trav jumped on his computer to get some work done and I thought I'd sit down and try to finish some photo albums at the kitchen table. Brianna was watching away happily until Nemo's dad and Dory ran into the shark for the first time. It scared her so badly that she started saying "Oh NO!" Then she burst into tears and ran towards me going "Mommy, mommy, mommy, mommy..." So I scooped her up and reassured her that it was a friendly shark. We watched a few more minutes together, with her on my lap so she'd feel secure, then we turned it off. After that I decided, even though some of the other Disney movies are rated G, I think we'll stick to Mickey Mouse for a while!

No comments: