Monday, May 22, 2006

Here We Go Again

Just another day around here. Actually pretty non-descipt other than Brianna seemed to be feeling just a smidge more contrary than usual. (By smidge, of course, I mean a lot.) It started off first thing this morning...she woke up and was yelling "Mom, out!" So, I dragged myself out of bed, helped her out of her crib, paused to feed the cat who was also yelling at me, and started the coffee. By that time Bree had managed to turn on her cartoons and was staring at them in a TV coma. Her dad, who was still laying in bed, (as usual!), called her from the other room, hoping she would run in and spend a few minutes "waking him up" as he calls it. This means she jumps all around in the bed, yanks at his covers, tells him he's "all done" and then runs off. It's his favorite way to wake up. (Although, if I tried it I'd get my head bitten off, ungrateful is what he is really! The way he sleeps too, it's either have Brianna jump around on him or invest in a very large foghorn that can just blast him straight out of bed and into the shower by pure decibal vibrations. Anyways, I digress.) Well, when he called her the first time she said "No." Then the second time she heard him calling she yelled "TV!" as an explanation why she wouldn't come. Finally, after he called several more times she stalked over to the room, stood in the open doorway and said "Yes?" in an exasperated tone. (That I'm quite sure she didn't get from me.) Well, that sort of set the tone for the rest of the day. She and I spent quite a lot of time having differences of opinion on how we should spend the day, mainly a power struggle over how much TV to watch, with her voting for all the time, all day. Finally after much "discussion" and tears I convinced her I wasn't going to be turning on the TV for now and we got on with our day. We went into her room and started playing and she just suddenly said, "Here we go again." Couldn't have said it better myself!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, thanks so much! Good to know I'm not just talking to myself here.. :) (Although, that wouldn't be too unusual for me.)

Beth