Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Side Salad

A good salad is one of my favorite foods. So no surprise, I made myself one today for lunch. For some reason, Brianna took an interest in trying it, something she's never been interested in before. I expected her to take one bite and declare it "gross," as she has in the past. But, she was actually crunching down on lettuce leaves for some time. I thought, hmmm, weird, and we went on with our day. I didn't really think any more about it until Bree decided she was in the mood for a snack this afternoon and was asking for "sat," which is of course, salad. Once again, she happily chowed down on a light salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers, drizzled with Italian dressing. I've never even heard of a kid wanting to eat salad for a snack! It must not have filled her up very much though because it was only about an hour later that she stated "Mom, food time...food time Mom!" Then she managed to climb up into her booster seat, (which was sitting in a dining chair), buckle herself into it and even fasten her tray on all by herself. Well, I went ahead and fed her a little something even though dinner wasn't going to be ready for about a half hour.

No comments: