Thursday, May 18, 2006

Hang it on the Wall

Today at Target I bought a four-pack of colorful wall pegs in the dollar section. I thought it might be fun to hang them up on the walls in Bree's room so she could hang up her coats or necklaces, etc. Well, when we got them home I opened them up and Brianna thought they were neat and played with them for a while but we didn't really talk about what they were for at that time. When Travis got home we were hanging out in her room before her bedtime and talking about the day. I pointed to the pegs and said "Hey I bought these today. I thought it might be fun to hang them up on the wall there so she can, you know, hang her stuff on them." Before Trav could even respond, little big ears, otherwise known as Brianna, had scooped them up and was running to the half wall there by the front door. She held a peg up against the wall and said "hang, wall, me," (I'm hanging this on the wall!) So, right then and there, the last thing we did before starting the bedtime routine was hang up her pegs. Her daddy let her choose where she wanted each one and she pointed to the each spot very seriously. She was delighted with the results except when I tried to show her how she could hang her coat on one. She pulled it off and seemed insulted that I would hang a mere coat on her designer wall art!

No comments: