Monday, May 01, 2006

Mall Rat

The weather continues to be wet and yucky today. This has been frustrating for Brianna, she loves to go "side" (outside) and gets cabin fever very easily. So, we've found ourselved heading to the nearbye mall play area quite a bit in the past week or so. But, you never know how crowded or crazy the play area will be. Still, Bree seems to enjoy it most the time and usually has fun interacting with the other kids. Although sometimes she gets frustrated that she has to share the slide or other play equipment. She used to start screaming "NO!" to any kids trying to come up the stairs to the slide. We had to have a lot of discussions about sharing. Lately I can see her start to get frustrated, and maybe even say no to someone but then she'll immediately look at me and say "share" and calm down. At our latest trip to the play area she met a little boy. As his mom and I tried to introduce them to each other and talk about playing nicely Brianna said "Hi fend (friend)." Then she turned to me and said "fend nice!" Everything was going well until the little guy reached out and pinched Bree's cheek. She looked at me in shock and told me "fend hurta me!" Then she burst into tears. I'm not sure what hurt more, her cheek or her feelings... But, she was soon back on her feet and feeling comforted by the arrival of her friend Kadyn (and her mommy Hannah). The gals walked hand in hand for a while and were soon enjoying a "petzel and juice" (pretzel and Jamba Juice) together.

No comments: