Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day

First off, Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there. Hope you had a good one, mine was! We started off this morning by waking up early to go participate in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5k walk with my Stay at Home Moms group (which is about 3 miles for those of you who are metric system deficient). It turned out to be a nice time. Bree rode in the backpack on her Daddy's back the whole time. She got a little antsy at times but made it through without a major fuss. Yay Brianna! While we were walking she managed to get several comments on her beautiful blue eyes. (In fact, later in the day she was actually talking to her daddy and saying "Banna, blue eyes. Daddy, bown eyes.") Well, after finishing our walk we took ourselves to breakfast at Perkins where Brianna walked in and immediately started saying "pancakes! pancakes!" really loudly. She does love to go to Perkins for panckakes! And, I got a free slice of strawberry pie for being a mom. :) Once again though, Brianna managed to steal the spotlight by getting several comments from the party at the next table about how very well-behaved and polite she was. (And, it was true, at the time, she was being a very good girl. They were quite amused with her saying "Daddy, more pancakes," and then after he gave her some "Thank you Daddy!") We had our fill of pancakes and fruit and then headed home. Brianna took a nap and I got a few presents. (Two fiction books, some fancy coffee, some new cookie sheets, a mini-muffin tin, and 2 new casserole dishes which I am thrilled about since I was still trying to use all the really old crusty ones we got years ago!) The rest the day we just took it easy, I started my new book, made dinner in one of my new dishes, and played with Bree until, here I sit, blogging about it after the fact. (And also thinking, have you ever noticed how often I use parenthesis in these things??) :)

No comments: