Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Peek-A-Nude

It's become our habit in the mornings that Brianna splashes around in the bathtub while I stand there next to her and do my hair and makeup. Today she ended up being "all done" before I had finished getting ready. So, she was racing around the bedroom in the nude while I continued curling my hair. After a while she came back over to me and started playing one of her new favorite games, "Who is it?" This is a game where she opens and closes the door. She'll close the door to all but a small crack then knock on it. This is my cue to say "Who is it?" in a sing-songy type voice. Giggling in anticipation she'll throw the door open, smiling like a maniac. Then I say "Oh, it's you!" or "Well, hi there!" or "Peek-a-Boo!" Whereupon she slams the door shut and we start the cycle again. (She's really big into repetition these days, I can't tell you how many times I've watched the same Blues Clues video!) This morning though, it was a new twist for Bree to play the "Who is it?" game naked. (Let's clarify, she was in the buff, I wasn't!) So, I played along and changed my responses to "Oh, it's a nudy!" and so on. Meanwhile, I finished getting ready for the day and Bree got to have some quality time in just her skin, something she loves to do.

No comments: