Monday, May 08, 2006

Geese Have No Manners

Yep, spring is here. The grass is green and the geese have babies, ok goslings I guess they're called officially. Brianna has been enthralled with the little yellow fluffs since they first showed up. We now have four families with babies, about sixteen little goslings in all. Every day, Bree likes to peek over the side of our balcony and watch them for a while. "Daddy goose, Mommy goose, baby geese," she'll say. Then after watching them for a while she usually finds their antics funny and tells me "silly goose!" (Which makes me laugh since it's the first time I've ever heard anyone use that particular phrase and mean it quite literally!) Then on those occasions when we've gone down to feed the geese they inevitably hiss at us in their goosey way. Bree takes that in stride and hisses right back at them. Although, I have had to caution her that geese will bite little girls who get too close to them. So now she also usually adds "geese bite" to her daily discourse on geese. Lately we've also seen some of the geese getting annoyed and biting their offspring. After watching such an episode today Brianna looked over at me and said "Goose bite baby. Goose bite fam-ly!" "Yes," I said and ever in Mommy, (I mean MOM) mode I added, "Isn't that rude, we shouldn't bite our families!"

No comments: