Monday, December 11, 2006

Water Paint

One of the ideas I've read about for a good toddler activity is having them "paint" on construction paper with water. The idea is that construction paper gets darker when wet so the child thinks they're painting, just without the major mess. I thought this was a great idea when I first read about it. But, then I tried it and it didn't really go over. Maybe Bree was too young at the time though since I tried again today and it was a big hit. It entertained her for hours, dipping a little brush into her "paint" and making masterpiece after masterpiece. She was even humming quite happily for most the time and would politely ask me for more paper when she ran out. It was great! There was virtually no mess, she was happy, and I got quite a few chores done around the house..thank goodness! (It was starting to look like a family of pigs lived here.) I would show you a photo of one of her paintings but alas, once they dry you can't see the "paint" anymore. I guess it's just something you'll have to check out in person. :)

No comments: