Thursday, December 07, 2006

Music Class

Well, two of my very dear friends, Becca and Dawn, seeing how frazzled, hassled, and overall stressed out I've been lately, called me up to inform me that they'd be taking Brianna with them and their kids this morning to their toddler music class. They figured she'd love it and not to mention, they're so great that they wanted to give me a few hours to myself. So, they showed up, transferred the car seat and drove off. I was a little bit nervous about it. Actually today was the first time I've ever let someone else take my kid somewhere without me. I mean, I've had sitters come to my house, but not take her off somewhere. Don't get me wrong, I had every faith and trust in my friends and their surrogate parenting ability, I was actually kind of wondering how Bree would react...

Well, I should have known better. Brianna LOVES both Dawn and Becca. When we came out the door and Bree saw Dawn she started heading towards her as fast as she could and saying "Dawn, Dawn, I missed you! I'm coming!" It took me a minute to load Bree and her stuff into the car and then I leaned over to give her a kiss, "Have a good time and be good!" I told her. To which she lovingly responded, "Close the door!" Yeah, it was apparent to me that she was gonna be real worried about the situation. Two hours later back she came with a smile on her face. Apparently, everything went well which made me think...Hmmm maybe I can convince them to do this more often??

Well, maybe not but either way...thank you so much to Dawn and Becca! I love you guys!

No comments: