Friday, December 29, 2006

Red Light, Green Light

The other day all 3 of us were headed off to do...something (I think grab a few cheeseburgers) that Bree was excited about. At one point we were sitting at a stoplight and Brianna was saying, "Go! Hurry Dad, go!" So, Travis told her he couldn't because the light was red and then he started talking to her about what the different colors of a stoplight mean. Well, I listened thinking that she would never be able to grasp this concept let alone remember what he had said. That is, I thought that until a few days later when, just Bree and I in the car this time, she piped up from the backseat to say, "It's red Mom, you gotta stop!" (Needless to say, I had already stopped.) Sure enough, a few seconds later when the light turned she said, "It's green!" This has actually happened repeatedly over the last week or so....And so was born our own tiny backseat driver.

No comments: