Monday, October 30, 2006

Scopes

Brianna has recently discovered her daddy's binoculars. He has a very small pair that he keeps with all his outdoorsy gear. They're the pocket kind you can tuck away and then pull out when you see something far off that needs a little extra scrutiny. :) Well, Bree found them the other day and went crazy for them. She calls them her "scopes." (I suppose because she's thinking of a telescope, which I think she's seen on some of her TV cartoons.) So, she'll walk up to one of us and say, "Hey, have you seen my scopes? Where'd my scopes go?" Once they're located she'll sling them around her neck and go marching around the house, holding the binoculars up to her eyes and examining the apartment up close. (Actually, I'm a bit grossed out by exactly what lovely things she might discover that way. I mean, I clean the house and all but toddlers do seem to find all the little bits you miss...esp. with "scopes" to help eyeball all the knee to ground level parts.) It's a bit of a different activity for a 2 year old I suppose, but keep in mind her science nerd Daddy who peeks through "scopes" all day. :) Oh well, it's gotta be pretty educational and, she likes it. So, no harm done and it keeps her occupied for quite some time. She does look pretty funny though creeping around the house staring around through her "scopes."

No comments: