Saturday, October 21, 2006

A Scary Chocolate Bunny

So, I've mentioned before that Bree is having some nightmares and trouble sleeping at night recently. She's gotten to the "afraid of the dark" stage. But, leave it to her to give it a totally different spin. Don't get me wrong, she started out by talking about monsters in her room. Rather run of the mill. Then, if you recall she insisted there was a pretend tiger scaring her in her bed. (How do you get rid of a pretend Tiger I ask you?) But I have to say last night topped them all so far. Brianna woke up terrified and screaming for her daddy at around 2:30 a.m. He went in there and actually had to spend around a half hour calming her down, reading to her, and snuggling her back to sleep. When he finally staggered back into bed I said, "What was that all about?" "Oh well, apparently there's a really scary chocolate bunny in her bed." he told me. "What??!!" I asked. "I dunno," he said, "That's what she told me. She kept insisting there was a mean chocolate bunny in there." Well, there's one I've never heard of before. But we all know how vicious those darn chocolate bunnies can be huh?

No comments: