Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Carving Pumpkins

Finally, just in the nick of time, almost too late for the season we carved our pumpkins last night! We've just been so busy lately with all our outings and such that we haven't had time to sit down and do them. (Well, the truth is maybe we have had a moment or two when we could have carved them before now I suppose, but I've been feeling a little bit under the weather with a cold and haven't known if I had the energy to clean up the mess afterwards. Actually, as I type this I still have pumpkin guts strewn around my kitchen yet today, the day after. Guess it's a good look for Halloween. Okay, man! This is getting to be a long aside..back to the point...) But, at last we did sit down and get our pumpkins carved. Bree thought it was pretty great of course. Anything where you can get messy and not get in trouble is right up a toddler's alley. She didn't quit get the whole concept though, while Trav and I drew faces on our pumpkins, Bree was using a dry-erase marker to scribble all over the front of one pumpkin. Then later she ended up trying to put the seeds and stuff back inside the pumpkin while I was trying to take them out. But, it's all about the experience right? She had a blast!

P.S. All right, don't worry family and die-hard fans, this won't be my last post today. Being that it's Halloween and all, I'll be back tonight to update the blog with Trick-or-Treating photos and stories...the things I do for you people! :)

No comments: