Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bree-isms

Here are a few one-liners that made me smile today:

"Mom, I'm not goin' anywhere!" (After having me tell her we need to hurry and get ready so we could go hang out with our playgroup.)

"Hey, give me a big ole' kiss!" and then after getting a kiss "Do I have lipstick now?" (Turns out that she only wanted to kiss me after I'd put on my lip gloss and only so she'd get some on her own lips!)

"Oh, my cama (camera)! It's lost, it's lost. I can't take it!" (Did I mention she also threw herself on the floor at this point? This after she'd spent all of 2 minutes looking for her daddy's old camera she sometimes plays with.)

"Mom, I'm askin' you, can I have a cookie? Daddy said.." To which I clarified "Dad told you to come ask me if you could have a cookie?" and she said "No Mom, I'm asking you!"

(Geesh, was that kinda short?! Sorry, I guess I've been slacking off a little lately. Well ya know, people to see, things to do, a house to clean, a kid to raise and all that... What? You didn't think stay at home mom's have lives too? You should see my day planner: breakfast, playtime w/ Bree (stack 3 blocks only to have them knocked over repeatedly, make a plastic car go vroom, color a picture and realize 10 minutes later that I'm still happily coloring while Bree's wandered off), do the dishes, lunch, do the new dishes from the lunch mess, naptime, vacuum, snack time, vacuum again since there are now crumbs all over from snack time, wipe handprints off the wall from snacktime...) :)

No comments: