Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The Games We Play

So, Brianna's been into a few new games lately. One of them isn't so much a game I guess though... She's been asking constantly to have one of us help her log onto starfall.com. It's this pre-literacy website that has a fun little activity for each letter. You click on the letter and it makes that letter's sound with pictures of things that start with that letter, etc. Bree is nuts about it! Anyways, today I was giving her a bath while her daddy was in the living room, sitting down with his laptop. She was sure he was going to be having fun without her and from the bathroom Brianna called out "Daddy, don't do ABC's without me!"

Another game Bree's been liking lately is to play "monster." (Just in time for Halloween!) She'll put her little hands out in front of her and start running after you while saying in a deep "monster" voice, "I'm gonna get you!" She could play that one for hours.

Hide and Seek is another new favorite around here. We've been trying to play this one for awhile now but Bree's finally old enough to start getting the idea. In fact, she gets it too well. She totally freaked me out the other day when I turned around from making the bed and didn't see her anywhere. Since our apartment is fairly small I knew she had to be around somewhere, just perhaps getting herself into some trouble. Well, I quickly walked through a few rooms calling "Bree? Brianna?" Until...I heard a small giggle coming from behind the rocking chair. "Brianna?" I asked. "I'm hiding!" came her small voice. She'd managed to wedge herself into the corner behind the chair. That seems to be the only place she goes when she's hiding though. Makes Hide and Seek easy for me... Now, whenever I can't find her I'm sure to hear her little giggle behind the chair. But, I play along..."Where's Bree?" I'll ask...

No comments: