Friday, October 20, 2006

Party Time!

My friend Becca and I are having a Halloween party for the kids in our playgroup. Today we got together to try and talk about the details and also to put some of the trinkets together that we want to hand out to the kids. Well, for some reason Brianna was really into it and was getting all excited. "Party time!" she was saying. "No baby, the party isn't until next week," I had to tell her. But, the concept of next week doesn't mean a whole lot to a 2 yr old. So, later in the day when her daddy walked in the door from work she raced up to him and said, "Daddy! Becca Becca and party time!" To which he asked her "You need to go potty?" because in Bree-speak "party time" and "potty time" sound an awful lot alike. Anyways, after Travis figured out she was talking about party time I had to explain that we had worked on getting the Halloween party stuff ready and that it's not until next week. Actually I was a little bit surprised that Bree would even be that excited since I'm pretty sure she doesn't even remember any of her Halloween experiences yet. I guess she does remember going to a few birthday parties this summer though, which might explain her enthusiasm...

Once again though, I underestimated her memory and stubborness because sure enough, wanna know what she said first thing this morning? As I walked into her room to get her out of her crib she said "Mom! Party Time!" (Oh no! The return of the tiny party animal!)

No comments: