Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Fill in the Blank

I seem to have been doing a lot of "collection" type entries lately that are sort of lists of the cute things from throughout the day. So, why stop now?? :) Here's a few funny, short little stories from our day today:

Driving in the car this morning while running errands I was playing some of Bree's toddler music for her. When the song "Under the Sea" came on Bree listened very nicely and once it was over she said "Mom, let's watch Little Mermaid okay?" I was kind of amazed that she would make that kind of connection, that THAT particular song was from The Little Mermaid, especially since she just watched it for the first time a few days ago. It's kind of scary how good her memory has become!

After Brianna woke up from her nap today I picked her up and said, "Okay, let's change your diaper." "No, no change my diaper, I'm fresh!" she insisted. "Well," I said, "let's just take a look and make sure," I said. "Mom, poopy or fresh those are the choices," she informed me. "You're right, those are the choices," I said. :)

Once she got a clean diaper on (turns out the choice was poopy) Bree went straight to playing pretend in her room. At one point, (I don't remember what I was saying), I was talking to her and called her Brianna. "Mom, don't call me that! I'm Grammy 'Ranna right now."

After dinner tonight Bree wanted a cookie for dessert. (Actually, she wanted a cookie before and during dinner too, but that's another story...) She hadn't eaten very much dinner and was trying to convice us she was done and ready for her dessert. "I want a cookie!" she declared. "Hey, hey you guys, Mom and Dad, I want one!" (She went on like this for a few minutes.) Finally, she started to get a little frustrated. She put her little hand up next to her cheek, pointed her index finger, squinted her little eyes and said, "I WANT A COOKIE! I said it, I want a cookie!" We just laughed at her and she had her cookie a few minutes later, after we made her say please.

Finally, tonight I was trying to ask Travis a question. I had a million things on my mind and as I leaned over to ask him the question I sort of forgot what I was going to say. "Do you..." I trailed off. Bree took this as an opportunity to fill in the blank (as she does so often lately) and quickly finished my question off with "know the muffin man?!" Trav and I were both laughing at that one. Just goes to show you she's quick on her feet and always listening! (gulp)

No comments: