Monday, October 23, 2006

Do the Twist

On one of our many baby song CD's we've got the song "The Twist." I think it's a catchy tune and everytime it comes on I try to get Bree to dance with me. So, I dance around like an idiot while she stares at me. I had just about decided that Brianna just didn't like that song, or at least that she didn't appreciate it as being on the level of say, "Itsy Bitsy Spider" or "The Muffin Man." Today she surprised me though by singing "The Twist" almost word for word. She had just needed some inspiration was all. She got it this afternoon when she was standing on the computer chair and using her hands on the desk to push herself back and forth, making the chair swivel. Suddenly while doing this she breaks out with, "Come on baby..do the Twist! Come on BA-BY, do the Twist. Do it like this! The Twist!" She sang it for about 5 minutes and despite my best efforts to keep a straight face, (so she woudn't feel embarassed), every time she said "Come on baby!" I would snicker. Oh well, it didn't bother her at all. My baby is not one to be shy at all! I can just see future karaoke incidents now....

No comments: