Sunday, October 29, 2006

Back to Basics

Okay, so I know that the last few posts have been a lot of pix and not a whole lot of content. My excuse is that the past week or so has been super crazy-busy and I've had a lot of fun pictures I wanted to post. But, it's time to get back to the Brianna basics and give you a few fun toddler anecdotes and Bree-isms. So, here ya go:

The other day while at the park, Brianna and I saw a puppy go by, which, is nothing new. And, as usual Bree pointed and said all excitedly, "Oh look Mom, a puppy! A cute puppy!" Then she added something new she hasn't said before, "Mom, I want a puppy. Go to the store and get me one okay?" Aack! The great kid vs. parent puppy debate has started already! At least while we're still living here I can use the excuse that the apartment doesn't allow dogs. But, I might have to get more creative once we move.

Travis, Brianna, and I decided that pizza sounded good for dinner a few nights ago. We found this place nearbye, Marcello's, with the best pizza! So, Trav was carrying Bree as we were walking into the restaurant and he asked her, "What kind of pizza do you want? I think a pepperoni and mushroom sounds good." Then Bree looked and him and said, "Zackly (exactly), zackly Daddy." I guess she thought that sounded just about perfect too. And, she really did enjoy it. About a half and hour later while she was chowing down on her pizza she was going. "Mmm. Mmm. Yummy peppi-ownees (pepperonis)."

Once we got back from pizza it was dark outside. Now that it's getting later in the fall it gets dark sooner. Still, Brianna isn't outside after dark very often. So, when she spotted the moon in the sky she got all excited. "It's back! It's back!" she exclaimed pointing up. "The moon is back! Daddy, hold me so I can reach it!" And while Daddy held her she did try to reach up and get it..but to no avail. Maybe next time. :)

No comments: