Monday, July 02, 2007

Teamwork

One of Bree's favorite shows right now is Wonder Pets. Which, I actually don't mind because it's a fairly harmless little show and it emphasizes working together as well. They even sing a little song, "What's gonna work? TEAMWORK!"

Well, this has apparently rubbed off a bit on Brianna. Not that she means to, and not that I'm complaining, but Bree's a preschooler so usually she's more making a mess than helping clean one or she's getting in the way while you try to do whatever it is you're trying to do. This was not the case the other day however when I came home with some bags of groceries. It was the end of the day, I'd left to shop after Travis had gotten home, and so I was tired and wasn't even really going to unload the bags all right that minute. But, just then Bree got bitten by the helpful bug and immediately began rummaging through the sacks, finding things that she knew where they go, and putting them away, in the right spot! For example, if we have apples I usually keep them in a bowl on the table or counter. So, Bree spotted the apples and said, "I'm gonna put these apples in the apple bowl, that's where they live!" Then she put some canned goods into the pantry...And all the while she was singing "What's gonna work? TEAMWORK!"

Let's hope this is going to be a new trend! :)

No comments: