Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chocolate Milk or Juice?

Along with many of the other things she finds interesting about babies, the most intriqueing part for Bree has been the whole nursing concept. She just thinks it's weird that the baby gets his "baby food" from Mommy's chest. So far in the past few weeks she's suggested that she'd like to nurse him, and also held some of her stuffed animals up to her chest while I've been feeding Noah. Well, to help with this whole feeding baby thing, we bought Bree two little bottles. You know, the kind where they have juice or milk inside that magically disappears when you tip them upside down? And now, sometimes when Mommy's nursing the baby, Bree will feed one of her dollies from the bottles.

Well, the other day, I was feeling pretty smart-alecky and as I switched Noah to nurse on the other side I winked at my Mom and said, "Now I think he wants to try the chocolate milk side." Brianna was in the room when I said this and in her sweet naivety she now sometimes will ask me if Noah's getting chocolate milk or juice while he's nursing. :P

1 comment:

theschramfam said...

Ha Ha!! Gracie nurses her babies all the time... and she refers to mine as "boo-boos" so she'll say "baby ella drinks milk from your boo-boos?" or "mommy. your boo-boos have water too?" ... It's not so bad, until she's trying to nurse her babies at church or something :) We've GOT to get these girls together!
jenn