Thursday, June 28, 2007

Mommies Can't Leave without their Daughters

The other day we were feeling kind of lazy about cooking dinner and so Travis suggested I go pick up a Papa Murphy's pizza for us. I was up for that and called it in and then a few minutes later headed out to grab it, an errand that takes me a total of 15 minutes even counting the driving. Well, Brianna decided she wanted to come with me on this little errand. I tried my best to dissuade her considering it seemed just more trouble than it was worth to wait for her to put some pants and shoes on, get herself strapped into her carseat (since she refuses to let anyone else do it for her), and then go throught the whole in and out of the car thing at the pizza place. "I'll be really quick, I'll be right back before you can even put your shoes on!" I assured her. But she was insistent..."Mommies can't go out by themselves," she told me, "They have to wait for their daughters. Mommies can't leave without their daughters." Well, that convinced me. It kind of impressed me, I'd never heard her use the word daughter before, and even in the correct context but mostly it was just so sweet that I had to take her. :)

No comments: