Wednesday, July 18, 2007

More Bree-isms

Just a few more little sayings I find funny...

  • "Hippie!" This is said when Brianna is cheering about something, she says it instead of "yippee!" Somehow she's mixed up the sounds and I find it pretty amusing.


  • "Best EVER!" So, Bree is into declaring that this or that is the "best she ever had" before. Say, if she's particularly enjoying an ice cream cone she may say "Mom, this is the best ice cream I ever had!" and so on. However, the next time she's doing that exact same activity...like eating another ice cream cone a few days later she'll decide that THAT is the best one ever. I guess I think it's funny that they're ALL the best and also to hear her declaring that it's the best ever in her entire long life experience... I guess it's the best ice cream cone she's ever had out of the few she's had. :P


  • "Genius!" Bree loves to decide that something is "genius." The first time she said it, she said it in reference to her dad and he was quite smug about it. However, the next time she said it she was referring to something she liked, I think it was food... "These noodles are genius!" I'm not really sure she knows what the word means but the way she uses it, she usually means that something is good or fun.


  • "Rusty Steve, Pullseye" Then there are those times when Bree just plain old has misheard or doesn't understand a phrase and repeats it -wrong. This particular one is from one of her favorite shows, Toy Story 2. The phrase is suppose to be, the "trusty steed Bullseye." :D


  • "Chill Down" Bree's version of "chill out," a phrase which I say to her alot when she seems to be on the verge of a meltdown. Of course, she turned it around and uses it on me and will tell me to "chill down" if she thinks I'm getting crazy on her.

No comments: