Monday, July 23, 2007

3 going on 13...

I think it's been said before, but I having a 3 year old is kind of like having a teenager...you know they both have tantrums, want a lot of independence, slam doors and give you a lot of attitude in general. If you doubt that then take this little story as an example...

The other day Bree got a late birthday present in the mail. She was so excited to open it...and when she did she found a My Little Pony inside, which she loved and insisted on playing with right then. (Thanks Becca!) This is all good and well and you would think, innocent enough. And it all was...until Bree found the little brochure inside the My Little Pony packaging. You know, the one that pretty much comes with every toy you buy that lists all the other fun toys that company and/or line of toys makes. After eyeing it for awhile Brianna decided that she really NEEDS the little pony house. We said, that's nice we'll keep that in mind for Christmas and thought the matter closed. It apparently was not closed though when a few days later Bree came out holding the picture of the pony house. (She had saved the brochure in her room.) She asked where it was, why didn't she have one in her room and told us she needed one. Then without even waiting for our response just abruptly blurted out, "I HATE my life!"

We were shocked! I have no idea where she picked up that little jewel but I didn't let her get away with it. I started telling her how nice her life is and etc. Geesh, not like she's spoiled or anything...just that she HATES her life if she doesn't get the toy she wants RIGHT NOW!

What will we do with her? :)

No comments: