Wednesday, July 18, 2007

From the Mouths of Babes...About Babes

Just a few one-liners that we've heard Bree say regarding Noah over the past few days:

  • "Mom, you just call me if you need help putting him back in your tummy. Then we could have TWO brothers!"
  • "I think we should keep him."
  • "Why is my baby crying?"
  • "Mom, I have milk in my chest too. Wanna try some?"
  • "Mom, thanks for my brother!"
  • "Why is he pooping!?"
  • "Why is he whining?"
  • "Why is he sleeping?"
  • (While wiggling his toes) "Hi! I have teensy toes!"
  • (After someone called him "Sweetie") "He's NOT a sweetie!" (And bursting into tears.)

Overall pretty positive responses to him so far. Of course, she doesn't really mind him so much as she does the adults in her life giving him any attention. When that happens we have had a few incidents of biting, hitting, and physical type attention getters... But she does like getting to be the big helper. She really likes to "help" change his diapers by gently patting his little buns with a wipe and has tried really hard to convince me that she's just as perfectly capable of nursing him as I am..she's always asking to feed him.

All pretty standard pre-school big sister adjustment type stuff. :)

No comments: