Saturday, July 07, 2007

Summer Fun

Just thought I'd take a minute to share a few shots of some of the classic summer moments around here:

Of course, it wouldn't be summer without lots of watermelon! Bree loves the stuff and I'm sure, if we let her, she could polish off a whole watermelon just to herself. As it is, she likes her pieces to be big ones.


Judging by this expression, some of the best things in life are the simplest. Pure watermelon joy.


Can't say I blame the kid though, who doesn't like watermelon? I'm not above enjoying a cool, crisp slice myself. Although, I mostly included this one so you all can see my "shelf" there..I'm getting pretty wide!



There's been a whole lot of bike riding around here too. Brianna is much improved in her technique since she got the bike a few weeks ago and can now be seen happily pedaling around the driveway and nearbye sidewalks.



Of course, you have to stop and investigate any interesting bugs on the sidewalk (Daddy's influence, naturally).



There's nothing like a nice swim in the summer as well. We have a little blow up pool we can set up in the backyard that Bree loves to splash in on hot days. She usually starts out in a bathing suit but for some reason seems to wind up in just her swim diaper by the end. Here she's also modeling an old pair of her daddy's goggles she found that she thinks are quite the swimming accesory.



She does look quite stunning in them. :)


And, if a swim doesn't cool you off Bree has no issues hosing you down with a squirt gun, she's got a gun and she's not afraid to use it. (Obviously, look at her little mischievious face, she's gotten me pretty good several times.) Her and Daddy like to have squirt gun fights quite often.

No comments: