Saturday, August 04, 2007

Couple Shorties for Ya....

Jim and Big Billy

Maybe because it's the age, maybe because she's the oldest child and up to now hasn't had any siblings to play with, or more likely, due to the fact that Bree used to have a lot more of an active social circle that she's lacking now, there are now permanent imaginary friends at our house. Two of them in fact. One is named Jim and the other is Big Billy and they're very different personalities. Jim is a constant little playmate and for some reason he makes her do a lot of jumping. Sometimes he gets blamed for naughty stuff too. Sometimes Jim's Dad shows up too. So it's not uncommon to hear Brianna say something like, "Jim likes this book. It's his favorite," and etc. Then there's Big Billy...he must be funny because he seems to make Bree laugh every time she tells you he's in the room. She says, "Oh Big Billy!" and chuckles every time. At first I wasn't too sure where she came up with these but I suspect that they are drawn from Bree's good ole' standbye favorite Muppet's Treasure Island...Jim being the main character and Billy is one of the side characters somewhere in there. (I think this is also the source of her love of playing pirates and such...) Wherever they came from, I'm pretty sure Jim and Big Billy are gonna be around for awhile.




May I Take Your Order?

I let Brianna scribble on a notepad with a pen for a few minutes today. After she'd gotten tired of that she ripped the top page off the pad, walked over to me and said, "Mom, do you know what this says?" Considering it was all pure scribbles and such I said no. "It says I want a cookie, milk, and a cold egg (a hard-boiled egg) please," she informed me. So...basically it was an order for a morning snack. It made me laugh and within a few minutes Bree had her order served up as requested. Wonder if I'll get many more in written form?

No comments: