Thursday, February 08, 2007

X-Ray Vision

The other night at dinner we had carrots as a side. Now, Brianna is actually pretty good about eating her veggies compared to some of the stories I've heard from other moms. But, on this night she wasn't too inspired to eat many carrots. "Mom, I'm done!" she declared after eating most everything but her carrots. "Babe, you should try your carrots," I told her, "They're yummy and they're good for your eyes." "Yeah," Travis piped in, "They help you see in the dark." Well, being 2 Bree took this last statement at face value and if she had been a dog you would have seen her ears perk up at that point. So, she reached over and started cramming down carrot slices. She ate 4 or 5 and then said, "Dad will you turn off the lights? I can see in the dark now! Now I can see in the dark!" Man, the things we do to get our kids to eat their vegetables! (Like today at lunch I wanted her to eat her broccoli and so to get her to I was singing my own version of Veggie Tales, "Celery, Broccoli...EAT ME! Veggie Tales!" She liked it and it worked so I guess we do what we have to do, even if we do seem silly in the process.)

No comments: