Saturday, February 10, 2007

Like Father Like Daughter

I've written in the past about Travis' and my differences in opinion when it comes to the humor department. And, I've also hinted that Brianna may be leaning towards a more Trav sense of humor. (You know towards the slapstick, the more often you repeat it the funnier it gets type. Of course, it's hard to tell because at this age all kids think that kind of stuff is funny.) Well anyways, one of the things Trav does that I find particulary silly and unfunny is this: he likes to ask you a question - "Did this and such just happen to you?" and then directly after that he'll do that exact thing to you. For example he'll say to you, "Did someone just tickle you?" And then AFTER that he'll tickle you. I have no idea why, maybe as a little preview of the loving harassment he's about to dish out. One of his favorite times to do this is right after he comes home from work and is taking off his shoes. Practically every night he'll take his shoes off, strip off his socks, ball them up and then ask "Did someone just throw a sock at you?" And then, he throws his sock at you. And, he does it again for the second sock. It used to be me that went through this odd little ritual every night. (I usually don't say anything and just throw his smelly socks back at him.) But now (lucky for me) it's Bree who has to deal with it. In fact, much to my appreciation Bree now takes the brunt of these preview-to-bugging-you type questions. But then the other day this happened...

As Bree and I were playing in her room she decided she didn't want to wear her socks anymore. (You see where this is going?) Then, she suddenly looked at me and asked me, "Did someone just throw a sock at you?" She launched her sock at my head, successfully beaning me. Then came the other sock. Well great! The questionable torch has been passed. Now there are two of them who do it...of all the weird things to teach your kid...AACK! :)

No comments: