Sunday, February 18, 2007

Sick and Miserable!

Aack! I'm horribly sick with a major head cold! Congestion, sore throat, headache, watery eyes...you name it. Yesterday was really bad but today I'm feeling marginally better - enough to drag myself to the computer and catch up on blogging. (Just for you!)

Well, while I've been laying in bed or on the couch all day Bree has had a hard time understanding the whole thing. This is the sickest I've ever been since she's been born. With other colds and stuff I was at least well enough to sort of function and push through. But, this time around (maybe with the added fatigue of pregnancy) I can't even get up most the day. Travis did a great job yesterday of amusing Bree and taking care of her. At one point I went into my bedroom and was trying to sleep with the door closed and everything. Bree barged in and we had to explain that Mommy is sick and needs to take a nap and rest. She was so sweet about it and even brought me a few of her stuffed animals to cuddle. Of course, when she wanted to share a drink of my juice later it was a different story. For some reason lately she insists on sharing whatever cup Mommy or Daddy is drinking from and refuses to use her own, even if it's filled with the same drink. Needless to say I really don't want her getting my bug if it'll make her as miserable as I've been this weekend. So, when she picked up my cup both Travis and I said, "NO!" rather more forcefully than we needed to. This made her burst into tears and a few minutes later after some discussion about germs had her declaring, "I want my own germs too!" Well, I sure want to get rid of mine! But until then I think I hear the couch calling my name as I type....

No comments: