Friday, February 23, 2007

Animaniacs

For Valentine's Day Travis bought me a DVD of the first season of the Animaniacs, which was a cartoon I used to watch as a freshmen and sophomore in highschool. (First off, yes I watched cartoons after school at that age still. This one in particular had very teen humor I think. And secondly, yes, we've been together a REALLY long time and he was around me back then.) Well, anyways, we popped it in a few days after V-Day and it has turned out to be one of Bree's all time favorite shows. (I'm not really sure why though since a fair amount of the humor has to be over her head.) It's the only cartoon she wants to watch these days and it's gotten to the point that she almost has the opening song memorized and even acts it out! I think it's kinda funny because now we have our kid hooked on an old cartoon that isn't even on anymore, one that was a favorite of mine as a teen (which is apparently a big hit with toddlers too, ouch, blow to my teen ego back then), and because...well, what other 2 year old do you know that says, "Let's watch some Maniacs! Maniacs on the TV Mom!"

No comments: