Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Topless Artwork

I learned my lesson long ago with art supplies to buy the “washable” version of things. So, when I bought markers awhile back I made sure to get ones that said “erasable.” Come to find out that “erasable” is different from “washable.” See, the “erasable” can be erased off the page but will ruin clothing and anything else they mark on, as I learned from hard experience. So, I made a resolve to go back and buy the “washable” ones. However, it took me a little while to finally grab some. And, in between there I made sure to insist Bree remove her shirt every time she wanted to color with markers so we didn’t have any more artwork clothing casualties. Finally the other day I managed to remember to buy some “washable” markers and I threw the old stainy ones out. But, too late, a habit had already been formed and now every time Bree uses markers she insists on being topless. She just can’t use her markers with her shirt on. In fact, yesterday while making a marker masterpiece she turned to me and said, “Mom, do you wanna take your shirt off too?” (Since I was sitting there coloring with her.) Yeah, can you imagine Travis coming home to THAT scene? Both his girls having a little topless marker session….

No comments: