Monday, February 19, 2007

New Blog Background!!

Well, I've been meaning to update this for awhile so here it is...

Now that Bree's getting a little older I wanted to update her blog to reflect her personality more. You know, kind of to transition from a pastel-y "baby blog" to a more colorful "toddler blog." :) I picked out the old scheme to be girly and baby-ish and it was nice for awhile. But, the more my child's personality comes out the more I realize that she's not a pastel, muted type of gal but much more a vibrant, crazy, wild, outgoing type of kid. So, anyways, here's the new look. I kept some of the old colors I like and I still wanted it to look like a kid's blog. So once again I had to spend quite a bit of time tweaking it since there aren't any real kids themed skins available through blogger. (Geesh!) And, I still wanted to go with some kind of handprint in the background because what says toddler more than busy, sticky handprints everywhere. However, the old ones were..well, pastels so this is what I came up with...those are still handprints back there just big ones. I'm not sure yet if I think it's too busy for a background. Hopefully not. I may switch back to the other handprints. (They're pastel but not real distracting 'cause they're quieter.) Anyways, this look is still in the testing it out phase so you might see me refine and tweak it still. And, if all else fails and we hate it, don't worry, I saved the old template and can have it back up in a jiffy.

(Besides, open yourself up to a little change people, sheesh! Change is good sometimes. And I really don't feel sorry for you anyways. Oooh, Bree's blog looks different than you expected. Big deal! In the next 6 months I'll be changing addresses, states, number of children I mother, to name a few! Maybe this was just my little way of opening myself up to all the changes looming large. So, try it out people, give it a chance already....)

No comments: