Monday, March 17, 2008

Sick-O

We've been sick at our house these past few days, caught the stomach crud that's been going around here. Brianna got it first and it was an experience for her because, this is the first time that she can remember ever throwing up...and it was a good one too. Of course, she didn't do it at our house, oh no, waited all morning until we went to play with Olivia at my friend Karen's house. I was actually walking along behind her and so I didn't even know what was going on at first, but Bree walks right in the front door and before anyone could even say hi there she was, sick as a dog. (Poor kid. I should have known when she seemed a little pale and listless that morning. But she was very insistent she wanted to go play with Livvy, and I thought she just needed to perk up.)

That was it, we arrived, puked, changed Bree's clothes and went right back home again...it was a very short visit indeed. Kids are weird though. It didn't seem to bother Brianna at all. She actually started skipping down the hall to go play in Olivia's room. I said, "Come on, we have to go baby, you're sick and you need to rest at home. We don't want to share your germs." She said, "I'm not sick, I just burped up a little bit." And she was getting mad at me that I insisted we leave.

Funny thing is, that was it. After that Brianna did more pale and listless but didn't get sick anymore. She gave it to her dad instead and he's had the joy of a guest microbe in his system for the past few days now. In the meantime Bree has started feeling better, good enough to want to nurse her daddy back to health. She's been very sweet telling me, "Dr. Travis isn't feeling very well. We need to be quiet so he can rest!" Later she asked for some paper and crayons and told me, "I'm making Dr. Travis a get well card...because he's sick and doesn't feel good." (Actually, it seems Bree has a knack for the health care thing. You can see more of her doctoring in action here.)

So far, neither myself or Noah has been afflicted with this bug, and I'm hoping we escape without having to experience that particular joy. Because Mom's can't get sick, I'd just have to keep on going right through it all, miserable or not, and nothing is worse that a pukey little baby. Cross your fingers! But then, I guess if we do get it, Nurse Bree will be here to make us get well cards at least!

Some of Bree's "cards" for her daddy. Up top is her outlining her hand, and then a stick man. On the bottom, a bunch of T's, for Travis, all cut out of course since she loves to chop stuff up with the scissors.

No comments: