Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Little Miss Questions

Questions, questions, questions...that's all I seem to get around here with a curious 3 year old on my hands. Here's some of my favorites from the last couple weeks:


When I'm 4 will I get married?

Yes, we're still quite taken with the whole marriage idea. My response was "No. Remember, getting married is for grown ups. And besides, who do you want to marry?" "Dr. Travis! (Dad). Or maybe Noah when he grows up. But he has to get older first." And another time her answer to that was, "Maybe I'll just marry myself!"

Why do people have noses?

"So they can breathe air through them." I answered her. Then I demonstrated. This answer seemed to go over pretty well and was accepted quietly.

Why is it foam rubber?

Okay, this one I got asked one day while we were making a craft project together. (One of Bree's all time favorite things. "Let's do a project!" she's always saying.) Anyways, we were making little feet and beaks to glue onto yellow pompoms to make baby chicks. She said, "Mom, is this paper?" "No, it's foam rubber." I answered. "Why is it foam rubber?" Uh...."Because it's different than paper." "But Mom, why is it foam rubber?" "Because that's what it is." "Why is it foam rubber?" "I don't know! It just is okay?!"

What today is it?

By which she means, what day is it today. So then I answer, "Tuesday," or "Friday," or whatever day it happens to be. To which she always asks "Where are we going today?" Always hoping it's something fun, like music class. Some days I have to say, "Nowhere today. Just hanging out at home and cleaning up." "But MOM! I want to go somewhere!"

Can I have some pop?

Because I let her sip on one when she had a tummy ache. My mom always gave me a coke when I had tummy trouble and I found it very soothing. But, now the kid just wants to drink pop for the fun of it. When I say no she'll even go so far as to say, "But my stomach hurts! I need some!"

What do I get in my Easter Basket?

Because Bree has figured out that you get a basket of goodies for Easter and has decided to milk it for all it's worth and actually has a list of things she expects to see in the basket. "Do you know what I want in my Easter basket? First thing is a medium squirt gun. Also in my Easter basket I want one of those dolls like on TV. And you know what else in my Easter basket?....." It's enough to give the Easter bunny a headache!

No comments: