Friday, March 21, 2008

The Secret Lives of Stay at Home Moms

...or at least, what my husband thinks anyways. Actually, these are a couple of commercials that get a big laugh at my house. Humorous because they're true...





Travis says he thinks it's funny because when guys want to get together and talk, that's what they say, "We're gonna get together and hang out." But, when women want to have a good chat they do things like "have a play date for the kids" or join a "book club." He's convinced that no matter what the event or activity is actually called, it's all really the same thing. The real purpose is just to connect, hang out, and chat up a storm, so why not call it what it is, he says. And, I have to say, there is truth in that. At least for me. I'm part of a mom's group and I admit that "play dates" are more for mom's sanity than the kids' and that I've gone to more than one "book club" meeting and never cracked the cover knowing darn well that I probably wouldn't get caught, since the book might be the one topic that didn't get covered that night.

No comments: