Monday, March 31, 2008

Breeisms

Yes, it's that time again... This time, some of my favorite one-liners from the past few weeks and the stories behind them.

  • "Mom, am I gonna get another brother? I really want 2!" - To which I answered, "Well, you're gonna have to ask Daddy about that one." Because how do you explain your reproductive decisions about how many children you want spaced how far apart and why to a 3 year old? Although, later, when I asked Bree to repeat her statement to her daddy, she did and then added, "Actually I just want Noah anyways."
  • "Hey Mom, can we go over to Dave's house?" This after my parent's Easter visit. See, they rented a condo just down the road from our house. During their stay, we were back and forth between the two places and one time, when we took Bree to the condo she said, "Who's house is this?" Whereupon my mom tried to explain that they were borrowing it from a guy named Dave. Ever since then Bree talks about Dave like she knows him personally.
  • "Mom, Mom! You want to know about my dream from last night! It was a terrible dream about...." is how I start my day off just about every morning. I think Brianna must have seen something on TV about someone having a bad dream because she seems to think that's the only kind of dream one can have. Thus, every morning she bounds into her groggy parents' room and launches immediately into a very long, drawn out, and very imaginative description of her "bad dream." It's different every morning. One time a mean horse was trying to take her away from her house on it's back. Finally the other day I said, "You do know you can have nice dreams too don't you?" She just stared at me like I was crazy.
  • "I guess I'm not perfect am I Mom?" she asked me after first observing. "I made my room a big mess!" I answered her "Nope. No one is perfect. We just do our best." "Yeah" she said. This came directly from a Laurie Berkner song we listen to, which I think, is a good message for kids to know, that no one is perfect but just try your best. I think I'm making it my new personal theme song of my life, "I'm not perfect but I hope you still like me a lot. I'm not perfect, but I've got what I've got. And I do my very best each day!" So, if you're not perfect either, this song's for you! I'm not perfect

No comments: