Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Snowflakes and Shots

It was a big day here today. First off it snowed all day today! Although we didn't get any to stick on the ground, it was all melting right away but we got all kinds of flurries, from big wet flakes to little dry ones all throughout the day. It was pretty and fun to watch although I think it just frustrated Bree more than anything. I mean, don't get me wrong, she was excited about it, too excited! For one thing she immediately wanted to break out the sled and when we explained there wasn't enough snow to actually go sledding in she was pretty put out. Then she decided that since it had snowed that must mean Santa is coming tomorrow! (Perhaps partially due to the fact that in the summer when she was asking about Christmas we were trying to explain that it doesn't happen until it's snowy, but we didn't mean right after the first snow of course!) And, once again, she was bummed out when we had to say that wasn't gonna happen either. She took it pretty well but she kept saying, "But, it snowed!"

We had to drive out into the snow today as well since it was Noah's 4 month old well baby check up. He's a very healthy boy! He's now 27 and 1/2 inches tall (which puts him over the 95% for height) and weighs 16 lbs (putting him at the 75% for weight). So he has officially outgrown his infant carseat already (too tall!). This is the same one that Brianna used until she was almost a year old! But, poor baby he had to get shots and had a cranky afternoon and who can blame him? Actually I got my flu shot as well. When the nurse got the needle out Brianna said, "Mom are you gonna scream?" So I told her, "No, I'm gonna be brave!" But she still covered her ears just in case I did scream. Then it was her turn for her flu vaccination. She said, "Mom, I don't need one of those!" (a shot). Well, lucky for her she got to do the nasal mist this time. So between me and the nurse sweet talking her we convinced her it wasn't going to be a big deal but right before we did it she asked, "Mom, am I going to scream?" Whereupon I had to explain to her again that it wouldn't hurt. Finally it was the little guy's turn and he had to get 4 shots! Of course he screamed bloody murder and the whole time Bree was going, "Oh Noah Noah Noah..." I think she felt bad for him.

The doctor also said Noah's ready to get started on rice cereal this month. Seems weird to me, didn't he JUST get here? Time seems to be flying by even faster my second time around these milestones...here my summer baby has already seen his first snowfall and is ready to start on some "solid" foods!

No comments: