Monday, November 12, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Just a couple of discussions I've had recently with Bree:

(As we were pulling up to a drive through coffee place...)

Bree: "Mom, are you and Daddy getting a coffee?"
Me: "Yep we are."
Bree: "Mom, does this place have kids' drinks?"
Me: "No sorry baby, just coffees."
Bree: "Kids don't like coffee do they Mom?"
Me: "No, they don't."
Bree: "Mom, maybe when I'm big and old like you I'll drink coffee too."
Me: "Yeah you probably will when you're big and old like me."


(At bedtime the other night...)

Me: "Goodnight Brianna."
Bree: "Mom, do you know how I love you?"
Me: (thinking this meant how much I love you) "Do you know how much I love you?"
Bree: "No Mom, do you know HOW I love you?"
Me: (confused) "How?"
Bree: "Because Mom, we're best friends!"
Me: (aha, how meant why) "Yes we are baby. Love you, see you in the morning!"

Don't kids say funny things? It's quite revealing too what they say since they have yet to develop in internal censor, they just say exactly what's on their mind. And you never quite know what it'll be next, comments about how big and old you are or a heartmelter about being best friends. :)

No comments: