Saturday, November 17, 2007

Differences of Opinion

It seems the kids and I are having some differences of opinion lately, a few clashes over some things. Or, to put it another way, if, as they say, all the world is a stage and we are the actors in the play then at our house we are having some differing artistic visions.

For example, Bree seems to see herself as a naked character whereas I would like her to be clothed. I just don't know what it is with the kid lately but as soon as we get home she strips down to her scivvies and runs around the house that way. You'd think with the weather getting colder she wouldn't be wanting to go with less clothing but alas, nothing but underwear is all the rage for her now. I guess it's really not that big of a deal except for when someone happens to come to the door and Brianna runs up wearing nuthin, or that Bree has a tendency to think the back door is a really great toy and tries to spend a lot of time opening and closing it, opening it and standing there right in the doorway in her undies. Brrr...I say, not to mention I just don't think that we should bond with the neighbors that way. So, this little game usually ends up with me locking the door and her in tears. Mean me, won't let her flash the neighborhood, such a prude I am.

Noah and I also find ourselves somewhat at odds with how we picture life. See he envisions himself constantly attached to me, permanently nursing away getting his milk high. (You know, the milk buzz as I sometimes call it. Pretty much every baby I've seen, after nursing, comes away with glassy eyes, lids half closed and all limp... I don't know what's in that stuff but sometimes I feel like I'm a drug dealer-you know distributing a substance that someone is highly addicted too, starts feeling cranky if they don't get it on a regular basis, etc. The milk buzz.) Well obviously I have a different opinion on that one as well, (I mean feeding him is one thing, becoming a human pacifier is another), especially since Noah's new fun habit is pulling my hair. I swear he does it on purpose and thinks it's fun 'cause every time it comes within his reach, there he'll be with a death grip on a fistful of my hair, grinning away like the Cheshire cat whereupon I have to pry it back out, strand by strand.

Oh well, I guess all children and parents have differing viewpoints on life it's just who knew that it would start so early? :)

No comments: