Saturday, November 03, 2007

Breeisms AND Notes on Noah

Breeisms:

  • "Totally!" Brianna's favorite new expression. "Mom, I totally just stepped on my rock guitar, oops!" I think she got this one from her dad, who is apparently, like, totally stuck in the 80's terminology...how rad! :P


  • "I can't hear it!" Something I hear if I try to turn the radio or TV below earsplitting level. I thought this was a teenage phase but no. Bree insists she "can't hear" something if I turn it down to the point where it doesn't give me a headache. She likes it LOUD!


  • "But Mom!" Ah yes, the well used and beloved kid rebuttal when there is nothing else to say. I'm hearing it from Bree quite often lately. "All right kiddo, it's time for bed now." "But MOM!" and that pretty much says it all. Such a short phrase for communicating such levels of protest and frustration from a kid.

Notes from Noah

  • obsession - is what Noah has. You see, like most babies he finds comfort in sucking on his pacifier or thumb. (He finally figured out to suck just his thumb, as opposed to his whole fist.) But his problem is that lately he's been trying to do both at once. This usually results in the binky being in his mouth and his left hand accidentally wandering up to his mouth as well where he somehow manages to hook his thumb through the handle of the pacifier which then gets yanked out of his mouth when he moves his hand. This is very frustrating to him and he just can't figure out why some mean person would keep yanking his beloved binky right out of his mouth! Sometimes this makes him so mad he fusses but then, other times he just keeps on going and pretends there's a pacifier in his mouth. No kidding, sometimes I look at him and see him puckered up and his jaw moving just like he would mack down on his binky.
  • size 3's! - Noah's new diaper size. His thighs just outgrew the 2's already. It's just a bit shocking to me since Brianna just potty trained out of size 4's!
  • purring - Noah's new noise. He seems to think he's a cat lately because his new cooing sounds just like a kitty....sort of a rolling r throaty type of thing. And the funny part is that he does it when he's happy, cooing and purring away.

No comments: