Monday, April 23, 2007

One Sad Snake

Well, I'm not real sure where it came from....I'm thinking it's somehow connected to a Grammy DeeDee visit....but one of Bree's favorite games is to pretend to be a snake. (Like I said, it's a bit odd, I dunno.) So, anyways, periodically she'll play "Snake" and hiss all around. This is my cue to say, "Oh no! A snake! A snake is going to get me! Yikes!" Then she'll laugh and reassure me that it's really just her "pee-tending" to be a snake. Whenever she plays this snake game she also insists that I make her a "snake house" which is actually a little fort I have to build out of the couch cushions. Of course the snake house is quite specific and if I don't place the cushions exactly correctly I get scolded and have to remake it. So, now you're all filled in on the snake game, which was in full swing the other evening. For about a half an hour Brianna had been happily playing snake when something came up and her daddy had to correct her. He didn't yell at her, he just had to correct her on something. She handled this about as well as most toddlers do. She stuck her lip out, pouted for a few seconds and then began the slow wind up to wailing. I was sure that this would lead to a good loud cry/yell as it normally does but instead this time she surprised (and amused) us both by instead saying very pathetically, "Now I'm a sad snake!" Then she climbed into her snake house and had herself a good sniffle in there. I suppose it was pretty sad but it was hard for us parents to feel too bad for her while we were chuckling over having a sad snake in the house.

No comments: