Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rooms to Grow in...

Just wanted to share a few pix of the kids' rooms since I promised I would about 30 blogs back and also because well, I want to since it was my overruling obsession before Noah was born to get both their rooms all done up to my satisfaction. So, I want to share the final results. (I know I've shared Bree's before but it wasn't done, no curtains, etc.) I've actually been meaning to do this for awhile but just never got around to it and whenever I thought of it, well, the rooms were, ahem, unpresentable. So, after I had them both cleaned up the other day I quickly snapped a few photos...partially to help me remember what their rooms look like clean since they tend to stay this way for about 2.5 minutes after they're picked up and tidy. (I know what you're thinking: how could Noah possibly mess up his room at his age? Well I'll tell you - he has a big sister! Once her room is thoroughly trashed she moves on to his...) Anyways, here's their rooms:






Somehow, they both ended up having sort of jungle-y themes (perhaps due to my subconcious beleif that children would feel more in touch with wild animals) :), although the jungle thing is way more obvious in Noah's room. And also they both ended up with stripes ('cause maybe I think stripes are fun?). And despite my best efforts to not do the whole cliched and unoriginal thing where we have a pink girls room and a blue boys room Bree's room is definitely, well, pink and Noah's does have blue accents so.... Oh well, that's what's sort of fun about having one of each I guess. And when they're grown they may roll their eyes at me for the pink/blue thing but they're young enough I can get away with it knowing full well when they are old enough to express a color preference we'll end up with new paint colors anyways, no matter what I do now.

But overall I'm happy with how the rooms turned out. I feel like they feel young and fun but are still not overly babyish so I can change the accesories to grow with them - at least for a few years yet.

So, there you have it. More than you ever wanted to know about their rooms and why they are the way they are. But, at least you now have a context in which to picture them when I tell you these little stories. :)

No comments: